Thursday, January 17, 2008

Who needs Grey's Anatomy?



Yep, who needs Grey's Anatomy when they spend most of their times hanging out in hospitals! Wow...am I sick of the beeps, the smells, the lights that are on 24 hours a day--for some reason this didn't bother me so much in Gainesville--but today it is starting to get to me.

My ultrasound of my kidney was fine--nothing abnormal--so we are still just dealing with a severe kidney infection. I didn't mention in the other posts--but apparently kidney infections are known to have up and down fevers while being treated. So--that is what I have been experiencing--thankfully this is the first day my fever hasn't been up to 105--my high today was 103ish--but that was around 9-10am--it has been around 100 most of the day and right now I am fever free. But Dr. Christine said she wouldn't be surprised if it spiked again during the night. Hopefully it won't!



Par is doing well...he is missing his mama/Par time. But he is enjoying his Boo being here to comfort him. My room is very happy right now--I have beautiful sunflowers from the Feagins, the Petreys brought me some tulips, Tina & Josh (Ella's parents) sent some roses and my grandparents (Mama Carol & Daddy Joe) sent some very sweet balloons! And I thought I missed out on delivering at St. Vincents! Julie was suggesting we put a blue bow on the door and just play it up like I've just delivered! (For those of you confused, I am in the postpartum part of labor & delivery so I can keep Par with me without fear of him catching anything from a sick person). Well, all I can say is that the generosity we've received with Par and now with me is only encouraging me to find more drama in our life--I'm not sure how we'll get along without all the attention! Obviously I am kidding, we are very anxious to get back to "normal" life--we praise God for the wisdom of Dr. Christine in putting me in the hospital without hesitation--(105 can cause seizures) and we are thankful that it is only a kidney infection and that it is treatable.



God is good. We praise Him for all the good He gives us in our lives--these wonderful nurses, our friends and family, Ella's recovery, Par's breastfeeding,--how great is it that this list could go on and on!?!

Thank you for your prayers. Thank you for your concern for our family.
Let is snow, let it snow, let it snow!!!!
Love,
Liz, Rusty & Par

PS--If anyone has any good ideas for an illness for Rusty--let us know, we don't want him to miss out on good hospital time!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Liz I am so glad that you are feeling a little better. Wish you were all better, though. As for Rusty I think he is already "sick", that is "love sick" for two very important people!! That picture of he and Par proves it. God bless and still praying Allison

Anonymous said...

Glad you are feeling better. Hope you get out of there real soon. Love the pictures!!! You look great to be in a hospital. Good to see that Rusty is looking after Par. Guess Mom, Darrell and Mary will see you later today. Take care and know that we are praying. Love and Blessing, Jim and Sheila