Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Not so fast...



I want to first put your minds at ease about Par. I know a lot of you are probably freaking out that my baby is with me when I am so sick--but his pediatrician made a "house call" (his practice is in a different wing of the hospital) and gave Par a head to toe assessment and said he is fine. He is also aware of the situation with me and told me I can call him at any time to check on Par.



As of this afternoon, we finally have an official diagnosis of kidney infection. Dr. Christine is still growing the culture to figure out how we can attack it better with antibiotics (right now we are using a broad spectrum of antibiotics). Unfortunately, it looks like I'll be here through the weekend...but Par is being a great sport and enjoying the extra attention from the nurses. I had an ultrasound of my kidneys this morning, we hope to hear back this afternoon if there is anything to speak of...but I'm hopeful that we're just dealing with a plain infection. I'll update later when we know more.



Par says hello and "thank you" for the prayers for his mama!
Love,
Liz, Rusty & Par

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Liz I am so sorry that you are still not feeling well. I know that you would not have Par with you if there was any danger to his health. You are a great mom! Sorry to hear that you may be there through the weekend, I know you and Rusty had big plans for Par this weekend. Praying for you Allison

Anonymous said...

he is so cute,and looks like he is doing good,love 2 all.

Anonymous said...

Par looks like he is a little papoose in his swadling blanket. He's taking good care of his Mom. No one would ever think that you were putting him in harms way having him with you. You are a wonderful Mom who has given all to him since before his birth. Now it's time to take a bit of care of Liz---something new Mom's don't often do. This has been an awful way to get you to slow down and rest. You have been added to the Mass Intention book at St. A's. The parish will be praying for you.

Peace,

Anne & Bob

Anonymous said...

Liz, We are praying that you feel better soon. You are a terrific mom and we are sure you are taking good care of Par. He just gets cuter every day. Mom, Darrell and Mary are leaving in the morning to come down. Hope they find you doing much better. Love and Blessings, Jim and Sheila

CDHi Admin said...

I hope you feel better soon, Liz. Par looks amazing in the photos, I'm so glad he's doing so well!