Tuesday, January 15, 2008

We missed hospital living...



Well...I guess we just missed the hospital.

I was admitted to the hospital today for a kidney infection. I am typing this with Par sleeping right next to me. My doctor was nice enough to get us a room on the postpartum floor of labor and delivery so Par could stay with me.



Last Thursday my lower back started hurting and I called the doctor and the nurse said it sounded like a urinary tract infection and to just up my fluids and drink cranberry juice. She also said I could take Motrin for the pain. So that is what I had been doing, but the pain was getting worse. This morning I woke up with a fever of 100. By lunch time it was 103--then 104. I called the doctor and they said to come in to be checked out. Basically they said that it was past the point of treating with a shot and that I would need to be hospitalized for a few days to take care of the infection. By the time I was admitted, my fever was 105.4 and they put ice packs on me to bring the fever down. It is finally down to 98.5 and I am finally feeling like myself again.



On a happy note, Par weighed in at 8 pounds .1 ounces today. The doctor was satisfied with me giving him the weight over the phone so I didn't need to take Par in to be weighed--he said to just keep doing what I'm doing because it is working. Unfortunately, I can't breastfeed him right now because of all the antibiotics--but probably by the weekend.



Par has been a REALLY good little boy today--especially with everything going on. He just goes with the flow--we are so blessed to have such an easy going baby.



So, for the next few days I'll be here at St. Vincent's Hospital just hanging out with Par. My mom is spending the night with me and helping with Par--earlier today I couldn't even pick him up because I was afraid I would drop him because I was dizzy and shaky--but now I feel 100 times better--so hopefully mom won't feel obligated to hang out in a hospital all day.

I ask that you will pray for healing of my kidney infection and a quick recovery so we can go home soon. We continue to pray for Ella and of course, for our little boy Par.

Love,
Liz, Rusty & Par

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

i hate that you are in the hospital liz,i will be praying for you and i do hope that you get better soon so you can get back to breastfeeding and be at home,i hope the fever stays broken,love and pray for you all every day.

Anonymous said...

my goodness! we are glad you are on the mend! bless your hearts...i'll pray for healing and some peace of mind!
hope you feel better today and hope to see you all soon.
love-
leslee and family

Anonymous said...

Liz I am so sorry you are back in the hospital! I feel your pain right now (literally)! I am not in the hospital but have been fighting the sam infection since Friday! Feel Better Soon. God Bless Allison

Anonymous said...

Liz-That is just awful! Thank goodness for wonderful Moms...for you and for Par. I'm cheering for
you all being home over the weekend. Martha H.

Anonymous said...

That is no fun! Thoughts and prayers are with you. Glad there is family close by to help out. Par looks like he's in his element--at least his previous experience lets him be comfortable there. Thank goodness for a doc who could get you on the post partum floor!

Peace,

Anne & Bob

Anonymous said...

Feel better soon!!!!!! I have called several friends and they are praying that you will be home soon. Par looks like he is doing just fine no matter where he is. Love and Blessings, Jim and Sheila

Cindy said...

Oh no! I hope you get well soon so that y'all can go back home.

I love Par's hat, by the way.

Anonymous said...

Oh my!! I am so glad you are feeling better Liz!!! I hope you get to go home really soon!! Kudos to St. Vincents for finding a way to put Par with you!! We are praying for you both!!

Love and prayers,
Zandra