Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Sleepy little Par



We have the best problem in the world...our baby sleeps through the night. I woke up in a panic at 3:30 AM and Par was sound asleep. Usually by 2:30 AM he starts crying for something to eat--but this time he was asleep and not budging. I went and fixed him a bottle--still sleeping. I gave him his bottle and he slept through the entire feed, but ate like a champ (burps included!)! Then I put him back down...and what do you know, we wake up at 7:20AM--Par sound asleep. This time he woke up too and was crying for some breakfast.





When we finally got out of the bed (I won't tell you what time) we gave him a bath. As usual, he loved it. He was awake a lot of the day today--more than usual I'd say--until this evening. I carried him around in a sling for most of the night--him sleeping soundly inside. It is a great invention--I was able to get a ton of stuff done!



I can tell Par is starting to feel more comfortable at home--he seems more relaxed now. He is such a good baby--we know how blessed we are with Par. We saw some more "real" smiles today (Mom swears he smiled 3 times at her today)--I've been working on getting him to smile purposefully at me...maybe tomorrow.



We continue to praise God for our son and thank him for the time we have with him each day. We pray for Ella that Dr. Kays will be able to discern the best course of action for her so she may go home soon.

We thank you for your many prayers.

Love,
Liz, Rusty & Par

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

it is great to see the nasal cannulah out,maybe before too long it will be out for good.love 2 all

Anonymous said...

he does look so much more relaxed being home in each daily report.
have yourselves a great day and stay warm...baby, it's cold outside!

love,
the basinger family

Anonymous said...

We love you and are so proud of you! Thanks for continuing to keep us updated!
Kelly & Josh

Anonymous said...

Par looks great without the nosal cannulah. Thank you so much for keeping us up to date on your precious Par. On the days that I keep Emily she ask to see Baby Par Several times a day. She always sends him a kiss. Hope you are getting into a routine. Love and blessings to all, Jim and Sheila

Anonymous said...

I absolutely adore Par's facial expressions!! He is so cute!!

Zandra

Michelle and Jason said...

Liz, my friends and I throughly enjoy reading about Par and his accomplishments! Please know we are all praying for him and his friends everyday!

Love,
Michelle (Kassouf) Campbell