Friday, January 25, 2008

Woo Hoo!!!



Par went to the doctor for another vaccine--he did great--cried the necessary amount and then was fine. He didn't even need Tylenol this evening, he has been completely himself! Great news from the doctor--he seemed "pleased" by Par's weight gain. I was relieved because we sort of got off target when I went into the hospital--but for Par to go from just 1 ounce in 11 days to 13 ounces in 16 days--that IS a major improvement! Anyway, I think we will hang onto the scale for another week--mainly because of the switch-a-roo we've pulled on Par with bottle/breast--I just want to
be sure that all is going as it should be.

Par's eating seems fine--I know I sound like a broken record, but he is just a different baby when he is breastfeeding--praise God for this gift! It definitely helps to confirm that it was worth all the pumping--in the NICU and the past week of pump'n'dumpin...I pray--I sincerely pray--that I will not have to pump any more. But of course, I will if something else happens.

It is VERY cold in Birmingham--but somehow, Par has made a few trips outside today without it bothering him--I think he really likes the fresh air, I know I do! Apparently, there is a "winter weather advisory"--not sure what that means--I guess we'll see tomorrow morning!

Par has been very happy today--we told him that his friend Ella was released from the NICU today and is at home. He could hardly contain his excitement and was cooing a bunch this afternoon. He has just now gone to bed--we let him stay up until we had confirmation via Ella's blog. He is now fast asleep in our bed--and now, Rusty and I are enjoying some "down time"--yet, I'm still writing this blog...
We continue to be very thankful for all of the prayers.

Good night,
Liz, Rusty & Par

2 comments:

Catherine & Sofia said...

I have not been on in a while, but I was so happy to read tonight that Par has gone home. Your post about your neighborhood putting up the bows had me in tears. I am so happy for you all. I love to read your blog and to see the pictures of Par. Congratulations!

Catherine
Sofia's Mommy LCDH 4-18-06

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear about the weight gain!!! Keep up the good work. Hope the weather turns warm soon so you can enjoy being outside. Have a great day. Love and Blessings, Jim and Sheila