Thursday, July 12, 2007

Our Busy Little Boy

Baby Rich has been very busy doing something inside me lately--he is constantly moving around with the occasional karate kick/chop. He seems to be pretty active when I go to sleep and when I wake up. Tiffany (our dog) has been cuddling up to my tummy--we are convinced she has super-hero powers and is communicating with Baby Rich somehow!
Anita, Dr. Kays' assistant, emailed me this afternoon. She said she is waiting to hear from Dr. Richard's office (the ultrasound doctor)to be able to confirm an appointment for the last week in July. She requested that I have my medical history faxed over in the mean time. I sent everything over this afternoon. Although Anita is off on Fridays, she said she would be calling into her office to check if Dr. Richard's office had confirmed anything yet--so hopefully we will hear something before the weekend. It sure is nice to know that the "ball seems to be rolling" and we just might get the head to lung ratio in time after all!
I've been fighting a cold all week but I think the worst is over now so hopefully I'll be completely well by the weekend. Thank you for your continued prayers and support.

3 comments:

Vicki Jensen said...

That's great news that you're getting closer to nailing down a date to see Dr. Kays. I also saw on BOH that your amnio results were normal and I'm so happy to hear that too.

I've heard from other moms on BOH that their CDH babies were MUCH more active in utero then their other kids. Jack is my first so I can't compare it but boy is he active! Just wait until baby Rick gets bigger! I know babies are supposed to sleep but I'm convinced Jack has insomnia because when I'm up he's constantly on the move. You can actually see him moving now if you look at my belly. I love it!

Enjoy all those sweet kicks! It's his way of telling you that he's having fun and he's going to be OK!

~Vicki

Anonymous said...

ehmm...the only super power tiffany has is the ability to "squirt" in the early hours of the morning...but, thats really weird that he's kicking now! crazy and amazing at the same time...anyway, i love and miss you! peace

Anonymous said...

Hey Liz & Rusty, I know you don't know me, but I use to work with Mary at Charles McCrary School. I heard about your baby and wanted to let you know that I will be praying for you guys. I am sure the coming weeks will be an anxious time for you, but always remember: Psalms 121, 1-8
1 A song for the ascent to Jerusalem. I look up to the mountains � does my help come from there? 2 My help comes from the LORD, who made the heavens and the earth! 3 He will not let you stumble and fall; the one who watches over you will not sleep. 4 Indeed, he who watches over Israel never tires and never sleeps. 5 The LORD himself watches over you! The LORD stands beside you as your protective shade. 6 The sun will not hurt you by day, nor the moon at night. 7 The LORD keeps you from all evil and preserves your life. 8 The LORD keeps watch over you as you come and go, both now and forever.

God bless you all, Sharon Moran