Thursday, January 10, 2008

Rain Rain Go Away



Today it rained and rained and rained...
Par ate and ate and ate...
Tiffany ate and ate and ate...
They both slept and slept and slept.

I got a lot of laundry done between feedings--and Par was a happy baby for most of the day. A few meltdowns when he discovered he was too tired to sleep. I found myself "comforting" him by saying "Oh, you are just so tired"--it used to make me so mad when that was said to me by babysitters--but now I understand.

I caught Par on my cell phone around 1pm--I'm not sure who he was talking to--all I heard was "Just give it a good tug--then you get to leave" Very peculiar...hmmmmm.



Boo came to visit during the Tornado warning--she played with Par while waiting for the sirens to cease so she could head home. We weighed Par a few times--but he kept pooping so we kept reweighing him...I'm definitely obsessed with the machine. Below you will see the final weight of the night--(not actual weight because of his nightshirt--that weighs approximately 3 oz).



I'm proud of his hard work. But I can tell he is worried about tomorrow's weigh in...Please pray that we will be told we're on the right track and to keep pluggin' along.



We thank you for your prayers--please continue to pray for all these precious CDH babies--their battles are on going--their strength is definitely from our Lord. Praise be to God for how far we've come.

Love,
Liz, Rusty & Par

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok...I'm laughing so hard I haven't been able to even finish reading the post yet!!! =) You CRACK ME UP Liz!!!

Love and miss you guys.

Josh

Anonymous said...

he is so precious,and so cute,love 2 all.

Anonymous said...

Good luck at your weigh in today. We are sure that you are going to do just fine. Hope today is a better day. No sirens to bother your sleep. Love and Blessings, Jim and Sheila

Anonymous said...

Every prize fighter has to worry about weigh-ins and we all know what a little prize and a fighter Par is!!!
Have a good day and hope to see you guys in about a week!

love - leslee and family

Anonymous said...

Obviously Tiffany has accepted Par. What a precious picture--a boy and his dog! Great news on the weight--will pray for more weight gain at the "weigh in". Had you in my thoughts when I saw the weather news. When Caryn left Birmingham, thought I didn't have to worry about that anymore---they we met you!
Thoughts & prayers continue!

Anne & Bob

Anonymous said...

Liz,

Your "writings/captions" are so clever and funny. They should be turned into a book of "Baby's First Days."

He gets cuter every day and we look forward to seeing him in person soon! If lights get too bright, cuz Sumner Banks Basinger can crawl in front of him and block alot of it for him!

A meaningful quote from my church newsletter that I wanted to share..."The power of prayer is only limited by those who do not pray."

Much love,
Aunt Judy in NC