Sunday, January 20, 2008

Par's Baptism



With all the drama going on with me, praise God that we were able to proceed with our plans to baptize Par today. This is most important to us because Fr. Donohoe (our priest and dear friend) was celebrating his last Mass at The Cathedral of St. Paul for a long while. He will be studying in Rome for the next two years--we will miss him very much but plan to visit.
At 10;30AM I was temporarily discharged from St. Vincents Hospital to attend the baptism and due back at 4pm for my next round of antibiotics. At around 1pm we received a call that a home health care person would be able to finish out my antibiotics at home via IV. This is huge--although it is just one more day in the hospital--I am still trying to care for a new baby with special needs and it was just time to go home. Rusty has been the one administering my drugs and so far he has done a great job. It does help that this is all very familiar to us from our long NICU stay--can you believe that NICU stay has already proven to be a great resource for us!?!
Mom threw a gorgeous reception at my parent's house. The food was delicious and the cake was beautiful. Although I was completely exhausted, I so loved being surrounded by family and friends.
Rusty and I look forward to having life back to normal--which involves getting this IV out of my hand--we hope that will be tomorrow. I know I'll have to take it slow--I'm prayerful that the infection is gone. We thank God for our precious baby. We thank Him for the powerful cleansing waters of baptism. Praise to You Lord Jesus Christ!

Love,
Liz, Rusty & Par

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a BEAUTIFUL moment!! We're celebrating with you and praying for your speedy recovery.

Love,
The Weirs (in Colorado)

Anonymous said...

The picture is beautiful!! I am so glad that you guys had such a blessed day!!

Love and prayers,
Zandra

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing such a special picture. What a wonderful time for all of you. We send lots of love and blessings. Miss you!!!!! Jim and Sheila

Cindy said...

I love that picture, and you smiling in the background like a proud mama.

I hope you feel better soon and that they knocked out the infection. I'm glad that you get to stay home.

A simple being said...

liz
i am so very happy that you not only got a leave but a pardon...i hope that you are soon feeling up to par! gosh, was that in bad taste? i agree your smile on your face looked likenothing could bring you under...glad to see home where you and par belong. poor tiffany through all of this. i bet if you don't have par on your lap tiffany will be there.