Friday, December 28, 2007

Is it morning yet?

I know I said I would update in the morning--but is it morning yet?

Par has been a perfect angel--he's been sleeping, eating, pooping--just like he was in the NICU--and he slept a long time during the night--we had to wake him up this morning! Rusty didn't sleep much at all--he kept "watch" over Par and me--making sure nothing happened to us. And me, well--I didn't realize how difficult it would be to take care of Par and feed him AND to continue pumping--I know it will get easier to manage as I start breastfeeding more and more (because then I won't need to pump). Par likes his home and his "sister" Tiffany (Tiffany refuses to acknowledge Par at this point).

Words can't express how thankful we are to God for leading us to Dr. Kays and Shands/UF--the nurses and staff made our journey easier to make--giving comfort, reassurance, and the occasional comic relief. Thank you for giving us our little boy to take home.




We continue to pray for Par's friends and praise God for their friendship and their progress.

Thank you for being a part of our son's recovery.

Love,
Liz, Rusty & Par

11 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW!!! Home, safe and sound. This has become part of a morning routine to see pictures and read the wonderul news of progress.
A blessing for sure!
Rememeber to get some sleep for yourselves!
Blessings!
Cheryl and Chauncey

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear Par likes the new "crib"! Hope to talk to you all soon.
love-
leslee and family

Anonymous said...

I AM SO GLAD THAT YOU ALL MADE IT HOME SAFE AND SOUND AND THAT ALL OF YOU ARE DOING OKAY,THANKS FOR LETTING US TAKE THIS JOURNEY WITH YOU AND FOR CONTINUING TO KEEP UP WITH THE BLOG,LOVE TO ALL.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you made it home safe. You will figure out a routine that works for you. I am so glad you are continuing to keep us updated on that precious baby. Allison

Anonymous said...

I'm in tears!! I'm always moved by a good audiovisual!! I'm so happy and thankful you are home! Can't wait to meet Par on my next trip to Birmingham! Love, Bess

Anonymous said...

I am sure it is great to be home. Take care of yourself and try to rest when you can. You will get a routine to work for you it just takes time. Be Blessed. Love Jim and Sheila

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to see you guys home!! What an amazing journey and what a wonderful outcome!!

Love and prayers,
Zandra

Dana said...

We have been following your story and that slide show was incredible. Thanks for allowing us to share your journey. WOW. Welcome Home. We will always keep little Par in our prayers.

God Speed -

The Chambers' Family
Friends of Ella

Anonymous said...

I miss you PAR!! So glad you guys made it home safe. Love the video. Can't wait to see more of your adventure and what God has in store for you.

Jennifer (NICU nurse)

Cindy said...

Glad you made it back safely and are getting settled in. I can't wait to see pictures of Par at home! I hope you are able to breastfeed exclusively soon so that you can ditch that pump.

Anonymous said...

Whew! Sooooooo glad you're home with your "little man." Now life truly begins...

Much love,
Aunt Judy in NC